1. It's the Mike Brown do over.
2. It's moving forward as an organization. Phil felt like a two year warrior and not always on the road with the team. I think the Lakers are trying to win now AND build for the post Kobe future. That stated, watching Kobe play this season, is there any doubt that he totally buys into the system approach to making his teammates better? It's about rings at this point, not vanity. He's been very efficient.
3. Regarding D'Antoni style as Championship worthy, it's shades of '07 Suns.That was a tough team. I can see Nash, Blake or Morris running well in that type of offense. That could generate offense for the second unit - e.g., Blake and Hill, Morris and Gasol.
4. With DH protecting the paint, they could disrupt a lot of teams with that uptempo style.
5. I can get behind this. Pick-and-roll basketball is a highly entertaining brand of basketball.
This has a 'Return to Showtime' feel about it.